In its rugged Tevergan geography stand out the Sobia rock with impressive vertical limestone walls and Camín Real del Puerto de la Mesa. The municipality of Teverga integrates the Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve of Ubiñas -La Mesa.
Teverga is an old mining and agricultural council, currently bases its economy on the mountain and ranching in the emerging cultural and rural tourism, especially with the recent opening of the Prehistoric Park.
Art and cultureFrom the Hotel Rural Alesga you will enjoy:
- Prehistoric Park
- Cave paintings of Fresnedo
- Collegiate de la Plaza and Santa Maria Villanueva (Romanesque Art)
- Ethnographic Museum in the neighboring municipality of Quiros
- Castle Ruins of Alesga
- Traditional Asturian architecture in Teverga with samples of villages, granaries , teitos ...
- Typical Gastronomy
- Asturias Museums such as the Fine Arts of Oviedo , La Laboral de Gijón , Botanical Gardens, Roman Baths
- Asturian cities, Oviedo , Gijón , Avilés ...
NatureFrom the Hotel Rural Alesga you will enjoy:
- Natural Park Ubiñas -La Mesa
- Natural Park Somiedo
- Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve of Bahia
- Path of the Bear (hiking and bicylcle) Senda del Oso
- Home of the Bear, two bears live in a natural enclosure in Proaza
- Cueva Huerta Natural Monument of Teverga
- Camín Real de la Mesa Mountain and other routes
- Active Tourism (Canoeing, caving, horseback riding , mountain biking , hiking, paragliding , fishing ...)
- Alesga deer rutting. by the Path of the Bear
- Sporting events such as the annual half marathon by the Path of the Bear
- Climbing school
- Beaches of Bay of Biscay
- Ski in Asturias ( Pajares, San Isidro and Leitariegos )